Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /nfs/c02/h04/mnt/20222/domains/andywibbels.com/html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
From MarketingSherpa’s blog that linked to this blog post on how WorkCompass increased leads by 300% – with a full list of tactics to get the most out of every content piece by chopping it up and dripping it out:
- “Publish one piece of anchor content a month e.g. an ebook on a single topic.
- It can be small, about 6-7 pages. Big text and lots of pictures. But it must cover the topic well. An example of one I produced is this guide on how to set an employee performance goal..
- Split the ebook into weekly blog posts.
- Tweet excerpts from the ebook. Not just the book title but tweet quotes from the text.
- Repost the blog posts to linkedin pulse, groups and other forums. Put a week delay on these to let the blog get indexed by search engines first. Post the full content. People will appreciate it and still click through to download the ebook.
- Use the content to answer questions on Quora.com.
- If you find it hard to find people asking questions that your content answers, then you may not be writing the right content.
- Set up alerts on social media for people asking questions around the topic so you can share the content.
- Take the images from the ebook and post to Flickr under creative commons so people can use (if they link to you). This is a slow burner but works great. I have got links from Forbes, Inc, Mashable and others using this.
- Do a press release.
- Do a webinar for the content and invite people from outside your existing subscribers as well.
- Post the webinar slides on Slideshare.
- Post the video recording of the webinar on Youtube.
- Promote any of the above content with Pay Per Click ads.”
Full post on the strategy and infographic: