Install the WordPress Google Analytics Plugin
- Download Denis’s Google Analytics plugin.
- Unzip the plugin.
- Upload the plugin to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Go to your WordPress blog’s Dashboard > Plugins. A list of both active and inactive plugins displays.
- Scroll to the plugin and Activate it. A success message displays.
Grab Your Google Analytics Code Block
- In another browser window (Ctrl+N or Command+N), login to Google Analytics at http://google.com/analytics/. The main Settings page loads.
- Click on Add Website Profile. A form displays.
- Select Add a Profile for a New Domain.
- Enter the URL of your site or blog.
- Select your country and time zone. Click Finish.
- Analytics provides you with a code block – a swatch of HTML – to add to your site’s pages.
Add the Google Analytics Code Block to Your WordPress Blog
- Back in your WordPress Dashboard, go to Options > Google Analytics.
- The options screen displays with a text field. Paste your Google Analytics Code Block into that text field and click Update Options.
You have now added your Google Analytics Code Block to Your WordPress blog.
Check Your Work
- To ensure that you have successfully added the Google Analytics Code Block to your Blogger blog, go back to http://google.com/analytics/.
- Next to your blog’s URL it will say either Receiving Data (you were successful) or Tracking Not Installed (something is amiss).
- If it said Tracking Not Installed, click on Check Status. Google then checks your blog for the Analytics Code Block and reports back if it find it or not.
- If not, try re-adding the Google Analytics Code Block.
Leave a Reply