Grab Your Google Analytics Code Block
- Login to Google Analytics at http://google.com/analytics/. The main Settings page loads.
- Click on Add Website Profile. A form displays.
- Select Add a Profile for a New Domain.
- Enter the URL of your site or blog.
- Select your country and time zone. Click Finish.
- Analytics provides you with a code block – a swatch of HTML – to add to your site’s pages.
Add the Google Analytics Code Block to Your TypePad Blog
- Since TypePad doesn’t let you easily edit your blog’s templates, we’re going to use a widget from Widgetbox.com. You will have to create a Widgetbox account to use their widgets.
- In a second browser window (Ctrl+N or Command+N), go to the Google Analytics widget at Widgetbox.
- Enter in your Analytics Code – note the whole Code Block – just the little code that looks similar to UA-91087-10.
- Click on Get Widget. If you haven’t already created a Widgetbox account you’ll do that as well.
- The Install Widget Panel displays, click on Install Panel.
- Your TypePad account opens in a separate window (you’ll need to login to TypePad if you haven’t already).
- Choose a blog to add the Google Analytics widget to and click Add Widget.
- The Google Analytics Widget has been added.
You have now added Widgetbox’s Google Analytics Widget to Your TypePad Blog.
Check Your Work
- To ensure that you have successfully added the Google Analytics Code Block to your Blogger blog, go back to http://google.com/analytics/.
- Next to your blog’s URL it will say either Receiving Data (you were successful) or Tracking Not Installed (something is amiss).
- If it said Tracking Not Installed, click on Check Status. Google then checks your blog for the Analytics Code Block and reports back if it find it or not.
- If not, try re-adding the Widgetbox widget.