Bluffton Today, a citizen’s media site launches, turning the newspaper model upside down – a open-virtual community center for Bluffton, South Carolina:
- Everyone gets a blog. Not just staffers, but everyone in the community. LeMonde (France) and the Mail and Guardian (South Africa) are doing this, too. I don’t know of others but would appreciate pointers.
- Everyone gets a photo gallery.
- Everyone can contribute events to a shared public community calendar.
- Everyone can contribute recipes to a community cookbook.
- RSS feeds are everywhere.