Finally got the audio mixed down from our interview last week with Steve Rubel from Micropersuasion.
I’ve already got calls scheduled for January and February – join the newsletter for the latest updates!
Blogging and Public Relations: Interview with Steve Rubel (28 minute mp3, 26 MB)
02:29 Business cases for blogging
- Nike’s Art of Speed
- The blog for the movie Garden State
- Weatherbug’s blog
- Microsoft’s thousands of bloggers including Robert Scoble’s very popular blog.
- more at Business Blog Consulting
08:13 How blogs are changing PR
- Traditional assembly line PR versus bloggers as influencers
- Blogs as backchannel into mainstream press
- Krptonite story
- PubSub for listening to the blogosphere for your brand
12:43 Companies need to remember blogs are a human medium
- Blogs as self-policing, self-correcting community
- Dan Rather’s memo mess
- Family Television Awards blog
- Blog as word of the year
17:39 Promoting your blog
- What are other bloggers talking about? Jump into the conversation.
- Say something outrageous like Bloggers should be Time Magazine’s Person of the Year or I’m gonna get all my news from blogs for a week (write up at Poynter).
- Advice from Halley’s Comments: 1) Blog early; 2) Blog often; 3) Bake fresh rolls (give exclusive content); 4) Write Op-Eds.
Many of the links can be found on Steve’s site.
Huge big-ass thanks to everyone that joined the call and especially for Steve for letting us pick his brain for a spell.