03:17 What is a blog? (Yvonne’s answer)
- A blog is a ‘thin’, interactive website.
04:26 How did you get started blogging?
- Dragged, kicking, screaming. Built Smart Marketing to Women website, didn’t want to do a newsletter – chose a blog instead. It immediately connected her to book’s audience.
08:00 What are some tenets of online marketing/ecommerce for women?
- Blogging as female-friendly, builds conversation/relationship.
- Color palettes women respond to. You don’t just throw pink on everything.
- GenXers talk to eachother even more than Boomers regarding online purchases.
- Loyalty programs.
- Applies to both large and small businesses (women opening new businesses twice the rate of men). Men and women are building businesses together.
- Flat companies instead of hierarchives/silos.
- People are going to blog whether you like it or not.
17:00 Visibility with colleagues (Think Pink)
- Connections with people from all over the world.
- As publishing on demand becomes easier, your book is sometimes the first thing you produce (Yvonne has started Windsor Media Book).
21:30 How effective can this be for executive/personal coaches?
- How do I maintain it everyday? It doesn’t have to be everyday or a full article.
- Where do I get readers? From the community that you build by reaching out to other bloggers. It is like an online networking event.
- Strategies that lead prospects to you (even if they don’t know about blogs)
- Focus on solutions – not ‘coaching’.
- Don’t forget about mis-spellings!
39:50 What is Yvonne’s focus?
- Publishing company for authors.
- Smart marketing to women.
- Building blogs for business.