Rick points to Tim’s post on why blogging is good for your career:
- You have to get noticed to get promoted.
- You have to get noticed to get hired.
- It really impresses people when you say â€œOh, I’ve written about that, just google for XXX and I’m on the top pageâ€? or â€œOh, just google my name.â€?
- No matter how great you are, your career depends on communicating. The way to get better at anything, including communication, is by practicing. Blogging is good practice.
- Bloggers are better-informed than non-bloggers. Knowing more is a career advantage.
- Knowing more also means you’re more likely to hear about interesting jobs coming open.
- Networking is good for your career. Blogging is a good way to meet people.
Leave a Reply