Anyone who has saved Word documents as web pages and then tried to edit them know one thing: Word adds a huge set of proprietary tags to the HTML. Here’s some tools to strip the code down to pristine, compliant HTML. (via AskMeFi)
- HTML Tidy is the classic tool that cleans up errant tags and other gremlins. FAQ.
- Demoroniser is a Perl command-line program that removes ‘moronic Microsoft HTML’.
- Word HTML Cleaner is an online tool that can upload a file and then spit it back cleaned up.
- TextRep can search replace multiple files and directories in Windows.
- Dreamweaver owners – don’t forget Dreamweaver does this in spades.