Keep in mind that Yahoo News is the No. 1 news site online (wish I could find a link for that), so this is not an opportunity to ignore. I’ve written before about how to market on Flickr, so that’s a good place to get started if you’re not on Flickr yet. There’s only one thing you need to do to have a shot at showing up in this Yahoo Local News widget: Geotag your photos via the Organizr tool on Flickr. All 16 of my photos appearing on the Yahoo Local News page above are geotagged to a specific location.
Other helpful gems from his full article:
- Use your web site address as your Flickr screen name.
- Use your Flickr profile to advertise your company, products, services, etc
- Upload quality photos of your products/services, and things related to your business.
- Write appropriate text for each photo, but avoid the hard sell.
- Find and join appropriate groups and share your photos in those groups.
- Link prominently from your web site to your Flickr photostream.
- Take part in the Flickr community.
Leave a Reply