Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /nfs/c02/h04/mnt/20222/domains/andywibbels.com/html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
Commenting on blogs is probably not at the top of your To Do List — but maybe it should be. It’s certainly one strategy to build good solid traffic, as well as subscribers, to your blog.
Darren Rowse at http://Problogger.net recently wrote a post about Caroline Middlebrook who did a great job of increasing her traffic through the use of blog comments.
I know it’s fun to write our own content, but let’s not forget about going out there to share our ideas, while at the same time promoting good relationships among readers and bloggers.
With the New Year soon to arrive, this might be a good time to think about writing a resolution to make 10 solid comments on other blogs each week. That would be 520 comments by the end of next year. There’s no doubt in my mind that this will increase traffic to your blog. How much? I don’t know, but I know it will make a difference.
Let’s keep in mind that our comments should:
- Provide value by offering substantive material
- Further the conversation
- Be inviting and friendly so as to promote community and the sharing of ideas, and
- Be relevant to the topic being discussed
And let’s not forget about some of the benefits of leaving comments on blogs:
- Opportunity to use your creativity or problem-solving skills on a regular basis
- Increase your knowledge by learning new things by reading not only the original post, but also the other comments prior to posting your own
- Increase your visibility by leaving a link to your website in the comment form
- Increase your credibility by writing valuable content
- Increase your traffic when others read your content and want to find out more about you
If you have any success stories to share as a result of leaving comments on blogs, we would love to hear about them.