Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /nfs/c02/h04/mnt/20222/domains/andywibbels.com/html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
I just got off a conference call and there’s always some nugget I can take back and put in my mental RAM. So I started thinking of what are the major marketing nuggets I’ve learned this year?
1. Seeing a search engine box as a virtual storeshelf. People go to Google looking for something just like they go out shopping – will they find your product? (from Intelliseek call)
2. Politically bent but extremely applicable to marketing (replace ‘vote’ with ‘buy’): People do not necessarily vote in their self-interest. They vote their identity. They vote their values. (from Lakoff’s Don’t Think of an Elephant).
3. The marketing is the product. (Seth in Purple Cow)
4. What makes you unique will make you successful. (William from Reach)
5. And a great arresting question: What is the boldest, most outrageous, most provocative
statement or position you can take in your niche market? (via our girl Andrea)
Your turn: what are the top five marketing tips, tricks, tools and techniques you’ve learned in the past year?